This position is open to only qualified US citizens contiguous to Badlands National Park. (Maintain a permanent and exclusive residence within or within 35 miles of the park boundaries). Resided for the last 2 years within the 35-mile limitation, and livelihood dependent upon employment in Badlands National Park.
1. From the descriptions below, select the one response that best describes how your background meets the basic experience requirements for a Maintenance Worker, WG-4749-05 position. Read all of the responses before making your selection. MARK ONLY ONE RESPONSE. If you select more than one response, or leave this question blank you will be rated ineligible. If you do not meet these minimum qualifications, you will be considered ineligible and will not receive consideration for this position.
2. You must certify you meet the contiguous-to-area criteria for this position. Applicants must maintain a permanent and exclusive residence within or contiguous (within 35 miles of the Badlands National Park boundaries). The applicant must document that their place of residence for the last 2 years lies within the 35-mile limitation, and the applicant must be dependent for livelihood primarily upon employment available within Badlands National Park.A. Yes, 1) I maintain a permanent and exclusive residence within or contiguous Badlands National Park; 2) resided for the last 2 years (since April 2012) within required contiguous parameters, and 3) my livelihood is dependent primarily upon employment available at Badlands National Park.
3. I possess a current valid state driver's license in good standing. Upon tentative selection, you will be required to submit driver's license information.A. Yes, I possess a valid state driver's license or will be able to obtain one prior to entering on duty.
Ability to operate vehicles.
For the questions below, please select from A through E to indicate the skill level that you possess for each task listed. The questions were developed based on the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies needed to perform the work of this position. Be sure to describe the experience that supports your answers to the questions below, in your resume or application materials. It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your application packet submitted for this position (application form or resume, transcripts, list and description of training completed and/or other items you submit). If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work.
4. Operate vehicles up to 9,000 lbs
5. Operate a pickup truck and trailer.
6. Load and unload vehicle's by hand and with mechanical aids.
7. Operate grounds equipment, such as ATV mounted snow plows, ATV mounted brooms and leaf blowers.
8. Load, haul and unload solid waste and recycle materials.
9. Follow written and verbal instructions to perform tasks.
10. Follow manufacturer's instructions for use of tools, equipment, and chemicals.
11. Follow safety manuals on operation of tools and equipment.
12. Use proper techniques so as to avoid injury.
Ability to perform a variety of grounds maintenance duties.
13. Collect trash and debris from trails, campgrounds, and common areas.
14. Remove over wash from rain events in parking lots and picnic areas.
15. Perform preventative maintenance on equipment (i.e. mowers, trimmers, etc).
16. Perform minor operator maintenance, such as adding gasoline and changing oil and spark plugs.
17. Use appropriate and proper safety equipment such as hard hats, gloves, goggles, and safety shoes.
18. Perform preventative maintenance on vehicles.
19. Work safely in areas of heavy congestion.
20. Make minor plumbing repairs, such as install and repair faucets, toilets, urinals, flush valves, etc.
21. Use basic plumbing tools, such as wrenches, vises, pipe threaders, and snakes.
22. Use basic painting tools, such as brushers, rollers, and sprayers to apply coating materials on interior and exterior surfaces.
23. Select appropriate size and type of building materials for minor carpentry repairs
Ability to perform custodial duties.
24. Clean public restrooms, including scrubbing toilets and sinks, wiping windows, disinfecting surfaces, sweeping and mopping floors.
25. Use basic custodial tools, such as brushes, sponges, brooms, and mops.
26. Operate custodial equipment, such as buffers, polishers, shampooers, vacuums, sewer line cleaners, and portable pumps.
27. Select and use a variety of cleaning agents using correct dilution ratios.
28. Use a variety of floor waxes and cleaners.
29. Perform incidental tasks such as shop housekeeping and cleaning tools and equipment.
30. Your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning, 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability. Failure to agree to this statement will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.