This position is open to CTAP/ICTAP eligibles only.
SURPLUS OR DISPLACED FEDERAL EMPLOYEES (ICTAP AND CTAP): If you are an eligible Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) applicant you may apply for this position. Individuals must be well-qualified for this position to receive consideration. ICTAP eligibles will be considered well-qualified if they earn a final score on the job examination questions of 85.0 or higher, not including points for veterans preference. CTAP/ICTAP eligibles are required to submit proof of eligibility. This includes a copy of the agency notice; a copy of your most recent Performance Rating; a copy of your most recent or separation "Notice of Personnel Action" (SF-50) noting position, grade level, and duty location; an agency certification that you cannot be placed after injury compensation has been terminated; an OPM notification that your disability annuity has been terminated; OR a Military Department or National Guard Bureau notification that you are retired under 5 U.S.C.8837(h) or 8456.
Ability to do the work of a Welding Worker, WG-3703-08, without more than normal supervision (Screen out)
1. From the descriptions below, select the appropriate response based on your current level of experience and/or training that you fully possess and that demonstrates your ability to perform the duties of this position. Select only one response and do not leave this question blank. Your resume' or application you submit must support your answers under this and other questions. If not you will be found ineligible for this position or your score will be lowered.
Quality Ranking Factor - Motorboat Operator/Instructor Certification
2. I possess a current Motorboat Operator Certification (MOCC) or Motorboat Operator Instructor Certification (MOICC).
Valid State Driver's License.
3. For this position, you must possess or be able to obtain a a valid state driver's license before enter on duty, if selected, to operate trucks up to 10,000GVW on public roads.
It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your application packet submitted for this position (application form or resume, transcripts, list and description of training completed and/or other items you submit). If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work.
For the questions below, please select from A through E to indicate the skill level that you possess for each task listed. The questions were developed based on the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies needed to perform the work of this position. Be sure to describe the experience that supports your answers to the questions below, in your resume or application materials. It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your application packet submitted for this position (application form or resume, transcripts, list and description of training completed and/or other items you submit). If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work.
4. Operate arc welding, electric welding and/or gas welding equipment to produce the most accurate fusion of various metals.
Knowledge of welding practices and welding equipment.
5. Operate oxy-acetylene equipment, portable grinding/cutting equipment, portable electric arc cutting machines and/or gas cutting torches to prepare the area for repairs.
6. Operate AC and DC electric arc welding equipment to produce the appropriate weld required for various metals.
7. Perform at least two of the following welding processes: Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW), Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW), and Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW) to complete assigned tasks.
Knowledge of carpentry and maintenances practices in grounds, trails, and docks.
8. Performs dock repairs using standard dimension lumber and oak logs for cribbing
9. Perform minor carpentry repairs such as replacing broken planks on steps.
10. Removes and replaces mooring cleats and rub-rails.
11. Use basic hand tools such as hammers, bars, handsaws, screw drivers, and squares.
Knowledge of painting practices.
12. Use brushes and rollers to paint items such siding, walls, stairs, steps railing, molding and trim.
13. Select appropriate paints and stains for specific applications.
14. Use drop cloths.
15. Clean brushes and rollers.
16. Use scrapers, sandpaper, steel wool, and brushes to clean surfaces prior to painting.
17. Uses ladders and bakers scaffold
Knowledge of grounds maintenance.
18. Mow, trim and rake landscapes around historic structures and housing units. Sweep walks and remove trash.
19. Picks up litter and cleans fire pits and bear lockers.
20. Uses push and riding lawnmowers, trimmers, blowers, and tillers.
Knowledge of trail maintenance and construction.
21. Operates chain saws and brush saws.
22. Uses hand saws, hand pruners, axes, and come-a-longs.
23. Installs and cleans water bars.
Knowledge of janitorial services.
24. Selects proper cleaning agents and uses according to manufacture specs.
25. Reads MSDS sheets for all chemicals used, wears proper PPE.
26. Uses floor mops and brooms to sweep out privies and remove debris from under soffits and roofs.
Knowledge and skills of safe boating operations.
27. Operate twin engine boats up to 27 feet.
28. Maneuver boats in and out of restricted harbors.
29. Use marine electronics (radar, GPS, depth sounder, compass) and navigation charts to safely navigate in all weather conditions.
30. Operate boats in full compliance of U.S. Coast Guard regulations.
31. Your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning, 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability. Failure to agree to this statement will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from consideration.