Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 1094233
Supervisory Facility Operations Specialist (Chief of Facilities)
All biographic information is required.
Enter the lowest grade level (11-11) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Please select/enter at least one of the following occupational specialty codes for this position. Please note that you must select at least one specialty code but may select multiple codes. (NOTE: If you are applying for 001 or 002 and you are a Federal employee AND a veteran, YOU MUST submit your SF-50, or you will be rated ineligible for not proving that you meet time-in-grade.) Each code is defined below:
001 - Competitive merit promotion: This includes current Federal employees who serve under a competitive career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service. You must provide qualifying documentation, i.e. SF-50 or veterans documentation, to prove eligibility under this specialty code.
002 - Noncompetitive Eligibles:. This includes applicants who previously held, or currently hold, this position and grade with the same promotion potential as announced for this position. You must provide qualifying documentation to prove eligibility for a noncompetitive or special hiring authority. For more information, click HERE (http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-authorities/competitive-hiring/#url=Types-of-Appointments).
Please select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy located at Lewis and Clark National Historic Park. Applications will be accepted from current Career/Career-Conditional Federal employees working with the National Park Service.
1. From the descriptions below, select one response that best describes your eligibility to apply for this merit promotion vacancy. Read all responses before making your selection. MARK ONLY ONE RESPONSE. If you select more than one response, or leave this question blank you will be rated ineligible. If you do not meet these minimum requirements, you will be considered ineligible and will not receive consideration for this position. YOUR RESUME OR APPLICATION MATERIALS YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THE ANSWER YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FOUND TO BE INELIGIBLE.
2. From the descriptions below, select one response that best describes how your background meets the specialized experience or education requirements for a Supervisory Facility Operations Specialist, GS-1640-11 position. Read all responses before making your selection. MARK ONLY ONE RESPONSE. If you select more than one response, or leave this question blank you will be rated ineligible. If you do not meet these minimum qualifications, you will be considered not qualified and will not receive consideration for this position. YOUR RESUME OR APPLICATION MATERIALS YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THE ANSWER YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED OR YOUR SCORE WILL BE LOWERED.
Time-in-Grade requirements apply to this position. From the descriptions below, select the one response that best describes how you meet the Time in Grade requirement for this position at the GS-11 level. Failure to respond to question two will result in ineligibility for consideration.
3. I have at least 52 weeks of employment as a permanent federal civilian career or career conditional employee. The highest grade I have held is:A. GS-09 level.
Ability to collaborate with park team and external partners to develop and achieve goals.
For the questions below, please select from A through E to indicate the skill level that you possess for each task listed. The questions were developed based on the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies needed to perform the work of this position. Be sure to describe your experience that supports your answers to the questions below, in your resume or application materials. It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your application packet submitted for this position (application form or resume, transcripts, list and description of training completed and/or other items you submit). If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work.
4. Collaborate with other divisions and regional staff to develop goals and manage a project or operation that is interdisciplinary in nature.
5. Sustain collaboration with a partner as demonstrated by either multiple projects with the same partner or collaboration with partners on a project of greater than two years duration.
6. Manage a complex partnership project involving cost-sharing, controversy, regulatory issues, and several stakeholders (e.g. neighboring landowners, elected officials, and other agencies).
7. Make decisions and commitments with partners on the scope of the partnership with limited oversight from supervisor.
8. Collaborate with partners to develop shared goals.
9. Negotiate with partners to resolve differences and gain consensus.
10. Work cooperatively with staff in other divisions and with state, county, and other partners on projects that cut across disciplines and agency boundaries.
Ability to manage complex projects to timely completion.
11. Develop the scope of work for a complex project.
12. Develop complex work breakdown structure and flow charts for projects.
13. Engage and evaluate services of contracted technical specialists in areas such as structural design, geotechnical analysis, traffic safety, energy or water conservation, or historic preservation, among others.
14. Ensure that park (or similar) resources and interpretation divisions are involved from the project planning phase to complete required compliance and public relations.
15. Develop a complex project budget for a project that included day labor, materials, and professional services.
16. Serve as technical representative on concurrent projects.
Ability to recruit, develop, and coach employees as well as manage employee performance.
17. Recruit, hire, and supervise subordinate supervisors or work leaders.
18. Create developmental assignments and training opportunities for subordinate staff.
19. Work with employees to improve performance, work life, and work processes and practices.
20. Seek and utilize employee participation in the development of division goals, work plans, and projects.
21. Successfully address deficiencies in employee performance.
Ability to manage park assets in a manner that is fiscally and environmentally sustainable.
22. Manage a facility operations program that includes more than three asset types, such as water systems, buildings, roads, historic structures, trails, and others.
23. Train others in the use of facilities and budget software such as FMSS, AFS3, PMIS, the project scoping tool, and clip tool.
24. Initiate and lead a water or energy conservation project.
25. Manage a budget greater than $500,000 that includes more than five accounts and fund sources.
Ability to develop and manage a facilities division safety program.
26. Lead the development of regional and national actions or policies such as safety plans, SOPs, and safety and environmental audits.
27. Act as safety officer for a maintenance organization.
28. Train others in the proper use of hand and power tools.
29. Train others in the proper use safety equipment including personal protective equipment (PPE).
30. As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning, 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability. Failure to agree to this statement will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.