Please accurately identify your level of experience and demonstrated capability when completing this questionnaire as your responses, resume and supporting documents will be reviewed for accuracy. You will be asked at the end of this questionnaire to certify your entire application as true and accurate.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment and referral consideration. Please indicate those eligibilities for which you are eligible and would like to be considered. You will only be considered under eligibilities that you select and provide requested supporting information either below or within your resume. If you do not meet at least one of the eligibilities below, you are not eligible to be considered for this position. For additional information, definitions and supporting documentation requirements see the list of appointing eligibilities listed at http://www.public.navy.mil/donhr/Employment/CivJobOpps/Documents/ApplicantChecklist_Merit.pdf. Please note that documentation (e.g., SF-50s or DD-214s) will be requested if you are selected to verify your eligibility.
1. Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee - I am currently employed as a permanent career or career-conditional (Tenure 1 or 2 in box 24 of SF-50) federal employee in the competitive service (SF-50 will show a 1 in box 34) or , I am currently on a permanent Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA) (SF-50 will show a 2 in box 34). Note: Your resume MUST include your position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment for all applicable federal work experiences.A. Yes
2. Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) - I am a veteran who served substantially 3 or more years of continuous active duty in the military - OR - I am a preference eligible; AND I was discharged under honorable conditions. Visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx for veterans' preference eligibility requirements. Note: Ensure that you have answered all applicable veterans’ questions in both the Eligibility Information and Other Information sections of this questionnaire.A. Yes
3. Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)- I am a disabled veteran; or a veteran who served on active duty in the Armed Forces during a war declared by Congress, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized; or a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the Armed Forces, participated in a military operation for which the Armed Forces Service Medal was awarded; or I have separated from active duty within the past 3 years; AND separated under honorable conditions. Visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx for veterans' preference eligibility requirements. Note: Ensure that you have answered all applicable veterans’ questions in both the Eligibility Information and Other Information sections of this questionnaire.A. Yes, I am eligible for a VRA appointment and have a service connected compensable disability rating of at least 10% or more.
4. 30% Disabled Veteran - I am a disabled veteran rated by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) as having a compensable service-connected disability of 30 percent or more; or a disabled veteran who retired from active military service with a disability rating of 30 percent or more; AND my discharge was under conditions other than dishonorable. Note: Ensure that you have answered all applicable veterans’ questions in both the Eligibility Information and Other Information sections of this questionnaire.A. Yes
5. Reinstatement- I was formerly employed as a permanent federal civilian employee (Tenure 1 or 2 in block 24 of your SF-50) in the competitive service (SF-50 will show a 1 in block 34) who 1) previously attained career status - OR- 2) is a Veterans' preference eligible and served at least one day as a career conditional employee - OR - 3) separated from civil service as a career-conditional employee within the past three years. I am NOT a current permanent federal employee. Note: Your resume MUST include a work experience with position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment that supports previous federal employment and your reinstatement eligibility.A. Yes
6. PPP Military Spouse - I am registered in the DoD Priority Placement Program (PPP) Military Spouse Preference Program (Program S) for the series, grade and location covered by this announcement.A. Yes
7. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) - I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position in a Non-DoD federal agency (e.g., IRS, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.) in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under ICTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are well qualified. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this statement, you must submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record.A. Yes
Your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Deliberate attempts to falsify or inflate your responses may be grounds for not referring you.
1. Please respond to each question accurately and ensure your answers are supported by your resume. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
2. Please select one response that best describes how you meet the basic education requirement for the Historian position. You must attach a copy of your transcripts.A. I possess a degree in History; or a related field that included at least 18 semester hours in history.
3. Select the one statement that best describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform Historian work at the GS-09 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal service.
4. Select the one statement that best describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform Historian work at the GS-11 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal service.
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your training and experience using the scale provided.
5. Plan, research and prepare original studies, monographs, briefings and booklets, articles, scripts, chronologies, exhibit labels, and other products that furnish detailed historical background and perspective to current and historic issues
6. Determine projects, research historical topics and compose historical products for the agency
7. Analyze historic documents in order to define and explain complex historical events
8. Prepare and compose Navy and/or military historical studies that involve significant depth of treatment and sound critical judgment
9. Collect and analyze historical documents to prepare historical documentaries, oral history interviews or studies on various historical periods or events
10. Identify historical research material and official records that should be preserved in the agency's collection
11. Conduct primary and secondary historical research to support large scale historical research products
12. Establish the value and importance of historical facts uncovered as a result of research in order to present an objective and complete picture of the specific subject matter areas
13. Conduct historical research in national archives and/or various records repositories
14. Plan and execute historical research projects which result in the composition of historical products pertaining to military and/or Navy topics
15. Transcribe historical documents utilizing archival and library resources
16. Prepare historical products based on oral history interviews
17. Conduct research and prepare drafts for supervisor's responses to historical inquiries
18. Collaborate on assignments, provide historical recommendations and integrate different approaches to a project into one consistent and cohesive product
19. Provide assistance to the archive and library staff as required
20. Use sound judgment and historical principles to analyze and explain historical materials
21. Perform oral history interviews both in person and via telecommunications with other professionals
22. Assist senior historians with major writing projects
23. Provide mentorship to junior historians
24. Provide thoroughly researched and professional responses to external and internal historical inquiries
25. Research and prepare responses to historical inquiries autonomously, confer with supervisor to resolve complicated issues
26. Obtain information about topics which may be emotional or politically sensitive