Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 1086095
Announcement Number: IHS-R2-GP-1086095-ESEP/MP
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you a United States Citizen or National, who is at least 16 years old?A. Yes
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment under the Merit Promotion or Excepted Service Examining Plan in the Indian Health Service. Please respond "Yes" or "No" to the following statements. Do not leave any section blank. NOTE: You must submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated below. Failure to provide the required documents will render you not eligible for consideration. See instructions under the "How to Apply" tab for submitting documentation.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment under the Merit Promotion or Excepted Service Examining Plan in the Indian Health Service. Please respond "Yes" or "No" to the following statements. Do not leave any section blank.A- Yes.
2. Are you a current, permanent (non-temporary) civilian employee on a competitive service appointment in a Federal agency or a former civilian Federal employee who achieved career status in the competitive service; or an interchange agreement eligible; or a VEOA eligible; or a former civilian Federal employee who served on a career-conditional appointment and was separated less than three years ago without achieving career status in the competitive service? (You must submit supporting documentation).
3. Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification? (You must submit a properly completed and signed copy of the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) Form BIA-4432, "Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs and the Indian Health Service," for employees claiming Indian preference.)
4. Are you an Indian Health Service scholarship recipient who has completed the necessary requirements for an approved health profession degree in accordance with your academic institution and under the Indian Health Care Improvement Act (IHCIA)? (You will receive highest priority placement consideration for available vacancies within the IHS).
5. Have you held a permanent position in the competitive service at the same grade level with the same or higher promotion potential as this position; or be an Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP) applicant; or be eligible for a special appointment authority such as a Schedule A for the severely disabled? (You must submit supporting documentation).
6. Are you interested in performing the duties of this position within the United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps? (You must submit sufficient information to permit this office to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements, including any selective placement factor).
INSTRUCTIONS: The following section is used to determine your Method of Consideration/Referral.
7. Please indicate which of the following plans you want to be considered under: you will only be considered for those that you indicate and are within reach for referral. Do not leave this section blank.
NOTE: You must also submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated in the vacancy announcement. Failure to provide the required documents will render you not eligible for consideration.
Thank you for your interest in this Clinical Psychologist position with the Indian Health Service. We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Select one statement that best describes whether you meet the Degree requirement for Clinical Psychologist.A. I have a doctoral degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) directly related to full professional work in Clinical Psychology from an accredited educational institution.
2. Choose the statement that best describes your experience as it relates to this position.A. I have at least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service performing work that equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of this position as described in the vacancy announcement.
3. Select one statement that best describes whether or not you possess a current, unrestricted, state license for Clinical Psychologist.A. I have an active, current, unrestricted, state license as Clinical Psychologist.
For each task below, select the appropriate response that best reflects your experience level. Your resume and/or supporting documentation must support your response.
4. Perform diagnostic evaluation of patients to make professional recommendations of treatment options.
5. Develop treatment plans in order to improve the overall quality of life for patients.
6. Provide individual, group or family counseling sessions for patients as a treatment option.
7. Provide substance abuse counseling to patients with alcohol addictions.
8. Advise and consult with all levels of professional staff concerning client behaviors and psychological characteristics.
9. Provide complete and timely documentation of care and services to maintain client records.
10. Prepare written documentation for case management services in order to monitor patient progression.
11. Deal with high stress situations. For example: hostile individuals, and emergency situations.
12. Provide immediate care and services to individuals with suicidal behavior and intent.
13. Provide immediate care and services to individuals in a trauma, anxiety, or psychotic crisis state.
14. Provide immediate care and service to individuals in a marital and relational conflict state.
15. Obtain necessary services for victims of child abuse.
16. Obtain necessary services for victims of rape.
17. Administer and interpret psychological test including, psychology for intelligence, projective, organicity, Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI).
18. Conduct psychological tests as a source of information for causes of emotional behaviors and/ or disturbances.
19. Conduct psychological tests as a source of information for causes of developmental delay.
20. Conduct psychological tests as a source of information for causes of difficulty in school or work environment.
21. Conduct psychological tests as a source of information for psychological diagnosis such as psychosis.
22. Provide services to community locations (ie. schools, correctional facilities, hospitals, places of employment) to provide outreach outside of clinic setting.
23. Provide consultation to community resources concerned with the welfare of mental health patients, such as community presentations.
24. Provide consultation to alcohol treatment programs and court systems.
25. Provide and arrange for primary prevention training at local schools, health centers, and other community agencies.
26. Work with Native American communities, such as tribal council or community groups, in a culturally sensitive manner; supporting the cognitive, emotional and spiritual development of their needs.
SECTION II. CERTIFICATION OF INFORMATION ACCURACY As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. Certification of Information Accuracy - If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
27. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.