Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Thank you for your interest in the Grant Program Specialist, GS-1101-9/11 position with the Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women (OVW). We will evaluate your resume and your responses to the Occupational Questionnaire to determine if you are the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. From the descriptions below, select the one letter which most closely and accurately demonstrates your ability to perform work of a Grants Program Specialist, GS-1101-9 level or equivalent pay band in the Federal Service.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-7 in the Federal service performing the following duties: 1) review a variety of program documents (e.g. proposals, grants, cooperative agreements, and other related instruments) to ensure compliance with established regulations; 2) review administrative audit and investigative reports to determine appropriate changes or if corrective action is required; 3) resolve common problems and refer situations requiring higher level expertise to a more experienced specialist; and 4) work directly with applicant, recipients, and sub recipients as needed, to obtain information needed to determine eligibility for participation in grant program or post award compliance.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one letter which most closely and accurately demonstrates your ability to perform work of a Grants Program Specialist, GS-1101-11 level or equivalent pay band in the Federal Service.
In this part, you will respond to questions about experiences you have had that related to the requirements of the job for which you are applying. Carefully review the response descriptions listed below. For each question or statement, select the one response description that best describes your experience, education, or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
3. Compile and analyze data on economic, social, regulatory, or physical factors affecting crimes against women.
4. Use judgment in choosing, interpreting, or adapting available guidelines to specific grant administration processes and issues.
5. Recommend approval, denial, or conditional approval of proposals.
6. Implement outreach strategies designed to provide technical assistance on victim advocacy programs, specifically, domestic violence or sexual assault programs.
7. Apply knowledge of violence against women program concepts and issues at the Federal, state, tribal and local levels.
8. Review grant applications to ensure conformance with established regulations and policies.
9. Provide advice on grant proposals that are limited in functional scope and complexity.
10. Assist in the planning of violence against women programs within the area of criminal justice, victim advocacy, public policy, or public administration.
11. Identify problem areas and provide advice regarding program improvements to meet agency needs.
12. Monitor progress on currently funded grant programs.
13. Analyze grant administration issues affecting parties both within and outside the agency.
14. Develop recommendations to resolve problems in the grant administration.
15. Recommend innovative approaches for avoiding and/or resolving problems and reducing conflicts.
16. Inform supervisor of potentially controversial findings, issues, or problems with widespread impact.
17. Hold public meetings with government officials, the public, or special interest groups to formulate, develop, or address issues regarding grant program initiatives and/or violence against women issues.
18. Prepare detailed procedures and guidelines to supplement established grant administration regulations or program guidance.
19. Prepare solicitations of work for the planning, implementation and evaluation of grant proposals.
20. Obtain additional information to prepare summary statements for management decision.
This section is used to certify the accuracy of your application package. Please respond yes or no to the following statement.
21. Your response to the Eligibility Assessment and Occupational Questionnaire, along with your resume and all supporting documentation are subject to evaluation and verification to ensure accuracy.
Failing to select a response will result in your application packet being removed from consideration.
For each response of "E" above, please indicate what position(s) on your resume supports this response (include title, organization & date). If you fail to include this information, your application will be considered incomplete and you will be removed from consideration for this position.