1. Are you currently a member of the North Carolina National Guard?A. I am currently a Full-time Federal Technician (Permanent or Excepted Indefinite) with the North Carolina Army National Guard.
Respond to all the questions below. Mark only one response for each question. Ethnicity and race information is requested under the authority of 42 U.S.C. Section 2000e-16 and in compliance with the Office of Management and Budget's 1997 Revisions to the Standards for the Classification of Federal Data on Race and Ethnicity. Providing this information is voluntary and has no impact on your employment status, but in the instance of missing information, your employing agency will attempt to identify your race and ethnicity by visual observation. This information is used as necessary to plan for equal employment opportunity throughout the Federal government. It is also used by the U. S. Office of Personnel Management or employing agency maintaining the records to locate individuals for personnel research or survey response and in the production of summary descriptive statistics and analytical studies in support of the function for which the records are collected and maintained, or for related workforce studies.
2. Are You Hispanic or Latino? (A person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race.)A. Yes
3. Please select the racial category with which you most closely identify.A. American Indian or Alaska Native-A person having origins in any of the original peoples of North and South America (including Central America), and who maintains tribal affiliation or community attachment.
4. How do you qualify for the Surface Maintenance Mechanic, WG-5801-10 position?A. I have experience or training which demonstrates knowledge of equipment to be able to do routine jobs, simple preventative maintenance tasks, and is able to use common tools and equipment in the line of work maintenance tasks, and is able to use common tools and equipment in the line of work.
5. Do you have at least 18 months 1) experience or training diagnosing, repairing, overhauling, and modifying more complex vehicles, equipment, and more complicated systems 2) experience which has provided a thorough knowledge of diagnostic equipment 3) experience applying independent judgment in determining methods and techniques required to solve unusually complex maintenance and repair problems 4) experienced in testing, inspecting, and evaluating the work performed on vehicles, equipment and systems.A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your 18 months of the required experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
6. Knowledge of the mechanical makeup, operation, and working relationships of complex systems, assemblies, and parts for a variety of combat, tactical, commercial, special purpose vehicles and equipment.
7. Ability to diagnose, repair, overhaul, and modify a variety of combat, tactical, commercial, special purpose vehicles and equipment.
8. Knowledge of electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic, and other non-mechanical systems that have a functional relationship and effect on the operation of mechanical systems.
9. Knowledge of hydraulic lifting, loading, turning, and positioning systems and their mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and electronic controls.
10. Knowledge of electronics, sufficient to identify and replace defective components, such as sensors, diodes, and circuit boards.
11. Ability to repair or overhaul major components such as diesel, multi-fuel or gasoline engines, turbine engines, automatic and manual transmissions, drive line assemblies, electrical and electronic systems and accessories, fuel injection systems, and emission control systems.
12. Skill to use a wide variety of test and diagnostics equipment to perform fault isolation and conduct repair of combat, tactical, commercial, special purpose vehicles and equipment. Ability to operate and understand original equipment manufacturer computerized diagnostic equipment and embedded diagnostics.
13. Ability to utilize, interpret and apply parts list, manufacturer's repair manuals, technical manuals, diagrams, engineering drawings, diagnostic computer information, and schematics.
14. Your ratings in this questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency, if selected. Review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you 1) understand this warning, 2) have reviewed your responses for accuracy, and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from consideration.