1. Are you currently a member of the Air National Guard?A. I am currently a Full-time Federal Technician (Permanent or Excepted Indefinite) with the North Carolina Air National Guard.
Respond to all the questions below. Mark only one response for each question. Ethnicity and race information is requested under the authority of 42 U.S.C. Section 2000e-16 and in compliance with the Office of Management and Budget's 1997 Revisions to the Standards for the Classification of Federal Data on Race and Ethnicity. Providing this information is voluntary and has no impact on your employment status, but in the instance of missing information, your employing agency will attempt to identify your race and ethnicity by visual observation. This information is used as necessary to plan for equal employment opportunity throughout the Federal government. It is also used by the U. S. Office of Personnel Management or employing agency maintaining the records to locate individuals for personnel research or survey response and in the production of summary descriptive statistics and analytical studies in support of the function for which the records are collected and maintained, or for related workforce studies.
2. Are You Hispanic or Latino? (A person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race.)A. Yes
3. Please select the racial category with which you most closely identify.A. American Indian or Alaska Native-A person having origins in any of the original peoples of North and South America (including Central America), and who maintains tribal affiliation or community attachment.
4. Do you qualify for the GS-0560-12, Budget Officer position?A. Yes, I have experience in administrative, professional, technical, or other responsible work that utilizes knowledge of management principles and practices; experience analyzing problems, drawing logical conclusions, and communicating effectively with others; experience using computer and automation systems.
5. Do you have at least 36 months experience, education, or training involving complex knowledge and understanding of governing budgetary policies, precedent setting decisions, procedures and regulations; experience in identifying, analyzing and resolving budgetary problems; experience interpreting comptroller decisions and providing regulatory information; experience in briefing senior level management on budget related issues?A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your 36 months of the required experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
6. Detailed knowledge of general budgeting principles, practices, precedents, systems, and techniques and the ability to interrelate funding, manpower requirements, and expense concepts to formulate and justify dissimilar civilian and military budgets considering multiple periods of execution in both single and multi-year appropriations.
7. Knowledge of the DoD, USAF, and Air National Guard financial planning processes.
8. Detailed knowledge of legislation, policies, and procedures, and regulations governing the use of appropriated funds to effectively oversee and manage all budget programs.
9. Knowledge of the Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution System (PPBES) corporate process to develop skills for interpreting and briefing commanders, resource advisors, and other resource managers on how funds are received at base level.
10. Knowledge of multiple dissimilar organizational missions to review, analyze, edit, and recommend approval or disapproval of proposed operating budgets, unfunded requirements requests, or requests for reprogramming and quarterly authorities.
11. Knowledge of financial management objectives of higher authorities to ensure policies comply with precedents and controls, and to provide guidance to management officials.
12. Knowledge of appropriation accountability, regulatory/statutory limitations, scope and latitude permitted by law and regulations, manpower accounting principles and procedures, management information systems and subsystems, and the relationship between the budget and accounting and reporting systems sufficient to report the status of resources, execute the operating budget, and provide authoritative advice regarding the legal use of funds to commanders, resource advisors, and other resource managers.
13. Your ratings in this questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency, if selected. Review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you 1) understand this warning, 2) have reviewed your responses for accuracy, and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from consideration.