Minimum Qualifications GS-04
1. From the descriptions below, select one response that best describes how your background meets the basic experience and/or education requirements for a Visitor Services Assistant, GS-0303-04 position. Read all responses before making your selection. MARK ONLY ONE RESPONSE. If you leave this question blank you will be rated ineligible. If you do not meet these minimum qualifications, you will be considered not qualified and will not receive consideration for this position. Your application materials must support the answers you claim in this assessment. If not, you will be found not qualified or your score will be lowered.
KSA-1. Ability to provide frontline information and visitor support services.
For the statements below, please select from A through E to indicate the skill level that you possess for each task listed. The task statements were developed based on the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies needed to perform the work of this position.
Describe your experience that supports your answers to the questions below in your resume or application materials. It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your application packet submitted for this position (application form or resume, transcripts, list and description of training completed and/or other items you submit). If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work.
2. Serve as a front-line representative of the organization to greet visitors and answer questions.
3. Provide direction, information, and orientation about services or activities of interest to visitors, partner, and other customers.
4. Educate visitors, partners, employees, and other community members regarding rules, regulations, and safety concerns to gain compliance.
5. Share new and important information with other co-workers.
6. Deal with a high volume of customer and visitor contacts while maintaining a professional demeanor.
7. Answer recurring visitor questions while maintaining a professional demeanor.
8. Resolve customer or visitor complaints by taking corrective action or referring the issue to a supervisor when appropriate.
KSA-2. Experience with effective verbal communication.
9. Respond verbally to visitors, partners, employees, and others' inquiries for information, direction, and/or guidance.
10. Explain rules, regulations, and policy in order to gain compliance.
11. Communicate orally in person, and/or over the phone to provide information to the public or others within the organization.
12. Promote an organization's program and services to encourage public interest.
KSA-3. Experience with computer applications and effective written communication.
13. Complete required statistical and accountability reports according to guidelines.
14. Write basic informational materials.
15. Use common word processing, database, and spreadsheet software for managing program data.
16. Gather and document information from reporting parties concerning accidents/incidents within the area to notify appropriate personnel.