Please indicate the lowest grade you are willing to accept.
Are you eligible for a People with Disabilities Consideration appointment? To be considered for this type of appointment, SBA requires certification of disability and job readiness from a state vocational rehabilitation agency. This MUST be submitted with your application for consideration. For more information, visit www.opm.gov/disability
Please indicate the occupational specialities you wish to be considered for below.
001 - All US Citizens. In order to apply under this specialty code you must be a current United States Citizen or National, who is at least 16 years old.
002 - Merit Promotion and VEOA Candidates. In order to apply under this specialty code you must be a current, permanent (non-temporary) civilian employee on a competitive service appointment in a Federal agency or a former civilian Federal employee who achieved career status in the competitive service; or an interchange agreement eligible; or a VEOA eligible; or a former civilian Federal employee who served on a career-conditional appointment and was separated less than three years ago without achieving career status in the competitive service. (YOU MUST SUBMIT SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION).
003 - Non-Competitive Eligibility. In order to apply under this specialty code you must have held a permanent position in the competitive service at the same grade level with the same or higher promotion potential as this position; or be an Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP) applicant; or be eligible for a special appointment authority such as a Schedule A for the severely disabled, 30% or more Compensable Veteran, VRA, Peace Corps, etc. (YOU MUST SUBMIT SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION)
Before applying, you are encouraged to thoroughly read the Job Opportunity Announcement (JOA) for additional information regarding this vacancy. For Items 1-7, please select the Items which apply to you. For any items selected, you MUST submit supporting documentation (e.g., copy of your most recent SF-50, See Required Document section in the JOA).
1. I currently hold a permanent position as a federal employee in a competitive career or career-conditional appointment; OR I was formerly employed as a federal employee in a permanent competitive appointment and have reinstatement eligibility; OR I am a veteran who served substantially 3 or more years of continuous active duty in the military or I am a preference eligible and my most recent discharge or release from active service was under honorable conditions.A. Yes
2. I am currently in a permanent position as a federal employee in the excepted service; however, I am an employee for a federal agency which has an interchange agreement with the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (e.g., TSA, U.S. Postal Service, FAA, etc.).A. Yes
3. I am eligible under the Military Spouse Appointing Authority.A. Yes
4. As a permanent Federal employee, I have held the highest grade level (or higher) of this position (GS-12) on a permanent basis; OR I am currently serving in a position with full performance level equivalent to or higher than the full performance level of the position being announced.A. Yes
5. I am a disabled veteran who retired from active military service with a disability rating of 30 percent or more; or a disabled veteran rated by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) as having a compensable service-connected disability of 30 percent or more; AND my discharge was under honorable conditions.A. Yes
6. I am a disabled veteran; OR a veteran who served on active duty in the Armed Forces during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized; OR a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the Armed Forces, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces Medal was awarded; OR recently separated veteran.A. Yes
7. I am eligible for a non-competitive appointment in the Federal government such as is authorized for persons who are severely disabled, recently returned volunteers from the Peace Corps, Vista, etc.A. Yes
8. Select the one statement below that BEST describes your experience to meet the basic requirements for this position at the GS-15 level.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 level independently initiating investigations from informant tips or leads; developing evidence by interviews, documentary searches, surveillance, etc.; establishing interrelationships of facts or evidence; investigating sensitive, controversial subjects; participating on multi-agency taskforce and performing dangerous and extensive undercover and surveillance work.
From the following items, choose the ONE statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Your resume MUST support your answer. If after review of your resume your answer is not supported, your score will be adjusted accordingly. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had training or experience in performing this task.
9. Interview of suspects and witnesses.
10. Use and execution of search warrant affidavits.
11. Use of evidence to substantiate findings or conclusions.
12. Examine records to detect links in a chain of evidence or information.
13. Develop and use of informants to obtain leads.
14. Use of consensual monitoring techniques.
15. Use of grand jury or Inspector General subpoenas.
16. Analyze complex and often incomplete books and records to develop evidence.
17. Conducted and coordinated financial investigations involving multi-jurisdictional and multi-defendant cases.
18. Reconstruct complex financial transactions to reveal the nature and extent of illegal activities.
19. Participated in major investigations involving criminal, civil, and administrative remedies.
20. Conducted complex financial investigations related to SBA's federal loan, disaster or government contracting programs.
21. Provided expert guidance and assistance to SBA OIG agents on complex financial investigations related to SBA's federal loan, disaster or government contracting programs.
22. As part of your duties, indicate your experience supervising and/or providing expert guidance in the areas of performance evaluation/reviews for SBA OIG agents working complex financial investigations related to SBA's federal loan, disaster or government contracting programs.
23. Apply U.S. Criminal Code and applicable federal/state court decisions to ensure that the elements of the criminal violations are addressed in the investigation.
24. Presented investigative findings through reports of investigation to Assistant U. S. Attorneys.
25. Testified as a witness in the Grand Jury, other phases of the criminal judicial process, or at trial.
An integral part of our selection process includes the completion of reference checks. Please provide the names and telephone numbers of three professional references (e.g., current and former supervisors, college or university professors, managers or coordinators of volunteer activities, etc.) who know your qualifications relative to this position and who we can contact to verify your credentials. Do not list personal friends or relatives.