Please accurately identify your level of experience and demonstrated capability when completing this questionnaire as your responses, resume and supporting documents will be reviewedfor accuracy. You will be asked at the end of this questionnaire to certify your entire application as true and accurate.
Please answer the following questions by selecting the most appropriate response. FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THESE QUESTIONS MAY RESULT IN AN INELIGIBILE RATING. NOTE: You must submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated below. Failure to provide the required documents will render you not eligible for consideration. See instructions under the "How to Apply" tab for submitting documentation.
Please answer the following question by selecting the most appropriate response.
1. There is a time-in-grade (TIG) requirement for this position. Do you meet the TIG requirement for this position?A. Yes, I have completed one year in a Federal service position at, above, or equivalent to the GS-07 grade level.
2. Agency Employee - I am a current permanent Career or Career-Conditional employee of this agency in the competitive service or I'm serving on a permanent Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) with this agency.
3. DoD Transfer (Excluding this agency)- I am currently employed as a permanent career or career-conditional DoD ( such as Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, DLA, DFAS, or DoDEA) employee in the competitive service or I'm serving on a permanent Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA).(NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit a copy of your most recent career/career conditional SF-50 AND you must submit a copy of an SF-50 that reflects your highest grade held on a permanent basis).
4. Non-DoD Transfer- I am currently employed as a permanent career or career-conditional Non-DoD (such as Dept of Labor, VA, etc.,) employee in the competitive service or I'm serving on a permanent Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA).(NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit a copy of your most recent career/career conditional SF-50 AND you must submit a copy of an SF-50 that reflects your highest grade held on a permanent basis).
5. Appointment of Certain Military Spouses- I am the spouse of a member of the Armed Forces who has been issued orders for a permanent change of station (PCS) and I am indicated on the PCS orders; and I have been married to the military member on, or prior to the date of my spouse's PCS orders; and I am relocating with my spouse to the new duty location; and I have not been appointed using this authority under these orders. -OR- I am the spouse of a member of the Armed Forces who retired with a disability rating at the time of retirement of 100 percent; or retired or separated from the Armed Forces and has a disability rating of 100 percent from the Dept of Veterans Affairs. -OR- I am the un-remarried widow or widower of a member of the Armed Forces killed while in active duty status. (NOTE 1: Spouses are eligible for a noncompetitive appointment under this authority for a maximum of 2 years from the date of the service member's permanent change of station orders. NOTE 2: For current military spouse's this appointment authority is limited to the geographical area of the PCS orders and is limited to one permanent appointment per PCS orders. For spouses of 100 percent disabled veterans or widows/widowers this authority is not limited to a geographical area and there is not a limit to the number of appointments under this authority. NOTE 3: You must include a copy of your spouse's PCS orders, or VA disability rating, or DD-1300 and Death Certificate, as applicable.)
6. Reinstatement- I was formerly employed as a federal civilian on a permanent competitive appointment, but I am not a current permanent federal employee. (NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit a copy of your most recent competitive career/career conditional separation SF-50 AND you must submit a copy of an SF-50 that reflects your highest grade held on a permanent basis).
7. Family Member Preference for Overseas Employment- I am the spouse or unmarried child (including stepchildren, adopted children, and foster children) not more than 23 years of age residing with a US citizen civilian employee (sponsor), who accompanied my civilian sponsor on a permanent change of station (PCS) move. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you must submit a copy of PCS Orders, area clearance, or command sponsorship letter along with your application/resume package. Additionally, verification of Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) status will be required for positions located in Japan and Korea.A. Yes
8. 30% Disabled Veteran- I am a disabled veteran rated by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) as having a compensable service-connected disability of 30 percent or more; or a disabled veteran who retired from active military service with a disability rating of 30 percent or more; AND my discharge was under conditions other than dishonorable. NOTE: If you respond "yes" to this statement, you must submit a copy of your DD Form 214 documenting final military discharge, release or retirement (your DD Form 214 (usually Member Copy 4) must reflect the dates of service, character of discharge, and time lost, if any), SF-15 Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference, and an official statement, dated 1991 or later, from the Dept of Veterans Affairs (VA), or from a branch of the Armed Forces, certifying that you have a service-connected disability of 30% or more along with your application/resume package.
9. Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)- I am a veteran who served substantially 3 or more years of continuous active duty in the military - OR - I am a preference eligible; AND my discharge was performed under honorable conditions. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you must submit copies of DD-214s (your DD Form 214 (usually Member Copy 4) must reflect the dates of service, character of discharge, and time lost, if any) and proof of any preference eligibility along with your application/resume package.
10. Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)- I am a disabled veteran; or a veteran who served on active duty in the Armed Forces during a war declared by Congress, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized; or a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the Armed Forces, participated in a military operation for which the Armed Forces Service Medal was awarded; or I have separated from active duty within the past 3 years; AND separated under honorable conditions. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you must submit copies of DD-214s (your DD Form 214 (usually Member Copy 4) must reflect the dates of service, character of discharge, and time lost, if any), SF-15 Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference (if VRA eligibility is based upon disability), and proof of any preference eligibility along with your application/resume package. Applicants eligible under the VRA appointing authority may be appointed to any grade level for which qualified up to GS-11 or equivalent.
11. Non-Appropriated Fund (NAF) - I am currently serving on a NAFI or Army Air Force Exchange Services (AAFES) position without time limitation, or I have been involuntarily separated from such an appointment without personal cause within the preceding year; AND, I have been serving or have served in such a position continuously for at least one year. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit a copy of your most recent personnel action form and a prior personnel action form which will reflect at least one year of continuous service as a NAF/AAFES employee along with your application/resume package.
12. Other- I am currently on a permanent position which is equivalent to at least the (grade of the position) level (or higher) in the federal service; however, I am an employee for a federal agency which has an interchange agreement with the U.S. Office of Personnel Management, or with a federal agency covered under other special appointing authorities or agreements (e.g., TSA, U.S. Postal Service, FAA, etc.). NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit a copy of your most recent career/career conditional SF-50, or equivalent employment document along with your application/resume package.
13. People with Disabilities- I am eligible for a non-competitive appointment under Schedule A indicating that I have a severe physical or mental disability. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit a certification statement from a state Vocational Rehabilitation Service (state or private), Department of Veterans Affairs, a licensed medical professional (e.g., a Physician or other medical professional duly certified by a State, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory, to practice medicine); or any Federal agency, State agency or agency of the District of Columbia or a U.S. territory that issues or provides disability benefits along with your application/resume package.
14. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) - I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position in a Non-DoD federal agency (e.g., IRS, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.) in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under ICTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are well qualified. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this statement, you must submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, a SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record.
15. I am eligible to apply under another authority not listed here (e.g. completion of Peace Corps, VISTA, etc.). NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you must submit all the required documents showing your eligibility.
16. Are you a retired Federal employee receiving an annuity from the Office of Personnel Management? NOTE: If you answered yes to this question, attach a copy of your retirement Standard Form 50 to your application.
1. Please select the response that describes how you meet the minimum qualifications for the GS-0080-09 Information Security Specialist position. Your resume and/or supporting documentation must clearly support your responses to the questionnaire. Failure to provide support for your responses may result in an adjustment to your final rating or you may be removed from consideration.A. I have at least 52 weeks of specialized experience at the GS-07 or equivalent level. Specialized experience is defined as: 1) Implementing security procedures to ensure all classified documents are properly marked, secured, controlled, and safeguarded; 2) Ensuring all personnel are properly briefed for the handling of classified/sensitive material; 3) Applying a working knowledge of passing clearances via JPAS and visit authorization letters 4) Maintaining various automated systems for tracking relevant security training; and 5) Overseeing proper security, classification, and storage of classified documents.
2. Please select the response that describes how you meet the minimum qualifications for the GS-0080-11 Information Security Specialist position. Your resume and/or supporting documentation must clearly support your responses to the questionnaire. Failure to provide support for your responses may result in an adjustment to your final rating or you may be removed from consideration.A. I have at least 52 weeks of specialized experience at the GS-09 or equivalent level. Specialized experience is defined as: 1) Developing and implementing various security training briefings and specialized training to an audience of 35 or more personnel on the protection and safeguard of classified/sensitive information from unauthorized disclosure; 2) Inspecting security storage containers to ensure that standards of information, physical, and administrative security are met; 3) Managing proper control and accountability of the protection of classified/sensitive information; 4) Presenting security awareness education and training (SAET) to satisfy education and training requirements for all personnel assigned to the agency; and 5) Conducting preliminary inquiries on matters of potential security concern to the agency.
3. Please select the response that describes how you meet the minimum qualifications for the GS-0080-12 Information Security Specialist position. Your resume and/or supporting documentation must clearly support your responses to the questionnaire. Failure to provide support for your responses may result in an adjustment to your final rating or you may be removed from consideration.A. I have at least 52 weeks of specialized experience at the GS-11 or equivalent level. Specialized experience is defined as: 1) Implementing and administering an agency's Information Security Program, which includes derivative training, protection, storage, and safeguard of classified information; 2) Assisting the Information Security Program Manager with implementing security awareness education and training (SAET) for an agency; 3) Managing accurate security training records for all personnel; 4) Conducting security classification and OPSEC review of all outgoing and incoming correspondence to include audit reports, slide presentations, articles, and briefings for Operation Security (OPSEC) indicators prior to release to open sources; 5) Conducting initial inquiries and investigations of security violations, incidents, and network spillages and preparing reports for the information security program manager's review and approval; 6) Applying knowledge of the various security-related Executive Orders and DoD policies and procedures to an Information Security program; and 7) Communicating effectively in preparing and presenting security briefings to all levels of employees, including Senior Executive Service (SES) staff.
4. Knowledge of principles, concepts, policies, practices, and methods of security administration in the functional area of Information SecurityA. I have current experience performing duties for security programs that demonstrates knowledge of Information Security to review, analyze, and resolve complex security problems. I have researched policies and procedures that govern information security programs, and administered initial, annual, and refresher security briefings, to include derivative classification training (both oral and written) and other specialized training.
5. Ability to analyze and apply regulations and policy in information security to develop organizational procedures and to evaluate compliance with security requirements.A. I have exceptional experience and knowledge in applying regulations and policy to an information security program to develop procedures for all organizational personnel.
6. Ability to plan, coordinate, and conduct activities to ensure the security of classified and sensitive informationA. I am considered an expert and have several years of experience in planning, coordinating, and conducting security briefings to ensure the protection and safeguarding of classified and sensitive information from unauthorized disclosure. My experience has provided me familiarity with or knowledge of derivative classification and policies and procedures that govern unauthorized disclosure. I have conducted security briefings in order to meet annual, mandated requirements.
7. Skill in conducting security inspections and investigations to determine possible security violationsA. I have recent experience in conducting security inspections and site assistant visits (SAVs). I have knowledge to conduct security investigations and preliminary inquiries on matters of potential security concerns to an organization. I have prepared reports and developed recommendations for corrective action. I have maintained and tracked recommendations to closure. I know what actions to take in order to negate or minimize the adverse effects of an actual loss or compromise of unauthorized disclosure. I have maintained an up-to-date security education and awareness program to help eliminate recurrences of security violations.
8. Knowledge of the interrelationships between various security specialties and programsA. I have experience in and knowledge of a broad range of security program relationships. I have knowledge in information, personnel, and industrial security to effectively implement and administer security programs and/or coordinate with other specialized security programs. I have knowledge of security classification methods and concepts. I have accessed classified or sensitive information to review plans for proposed or new projects, organizations, and/or missions to assure the presence of adequate planning for information security and other controls.
9. Skill in coordinating and conducting security trainingA. I have recent experience delivering security awareness and education training to satisfy training requirements. I have implemented information security education initiatives. I have experience in coordinating and conducting security training forums and meetings. I have demonstrated the ability to follow directions, to read, understand, and retain a variety of instructions, regulations, and procedures.
10. Ability to communicate verbally to provide briefings and trainingA. I have demonstrated, through regular collaborations with management, the ability to provide high-level briefings and presentations.
11. Ability to communicate in writing to prepare reports and other written materialsA. I have recent, substantive experience that demonstrates expert-level skill in written communication for information security programs. I have led the preparation of or prepared written documents, such as defenses of decisions on access or clearances. I have experience preparing information for management and employees, explaining program requirements or program policies and procedures.
12. Your responses in this assessment questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents (e.g. resume) you submit. Ensure that your resume accurately describes the level of education and/or experience claimed in the assessment questionnaire.
Please take this opportunity to review your assessment questionnaire responses to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you:
- Understand this information
- Have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and
- Verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.