Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one response that best describes how you meet the Minimum Qualification Requirements for IT Specialist (Network), GS-2210-13.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Provide assistance in developing standards and guidelines for new networking systems technologies for an organization.
3. Provide advice and guidance for the integration of existing and new networking technologies.
4. Recommend architectural changes to the network, acquire new products and resolve complex problems.
5. Oversee and make specific recommendations in regards to stated requirements related to networking technologies and services.
6. Ensure complete interface and exchange of information, avoiding duplication, and evaluate programs of other organizations to ensure applicability.
7. Research and analyze reports and technical journals to determine and keep abreast of state-of-the-art technology and trends which influence revision or development of new concepts.
8. Provide oversight and coordination of all LAN/WAN infrastructure for an enterprise.
9. Provide advice and guidance for the Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) network: architectural design, research, testing and planning for future technological advances across the agency.
10. Provide advice and guidance for network, architectural design, research, testing and planning for future technological advances across an organization.
11. Configure, install and troubleshoot Cisco Routers and switches.
12. Provide LAN and WAN Infrastructure support and installation for agency staff and applications.
13. Coordinate and manage all key design planning, installation, support, and troubleshooting.
14. Facilitate discussions and exchange of opinions among technical staff and senior management with diverse viewpoints and conflicting interest to accomplish a goal.
15. Communicate information orally in an effective manner to IT personnel and senior managers.
16. Provide oral feedback to customers regarding problem status and resolution.
17. Prepare reports for senior management on a regular basis outlining issues and recommendations for remediation.
18. Prepare reports for the appropriate parties.
19. Identify areas of potential security vulnerability and develop alternative action plans to safeguard or minimize those vulnerabilities.
20. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.