1. Select the one statement below that best describes your education and/or experience to meet the basic requirement for a position in the Social Science Series, 0101.A. I have a 4-year degree in behavioral or social science; or related disciplines appropriate to the position (Must submit transcript).
2. Do you have at least one full year specialized experience, equivalent in difficulty and complexity to at least the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service that included: developing and providing training and technical assistance to state and local public child welfare agencies on methods to improve the operation of public child welfare (i.e. child protective services, foster care, adoption, etc.) service systems and the delivery of services; and managing and implementing major projects to improve public child welfare services?A. Yes (Must be clearly demonstrated in your resume)
For each task in the following groups, choose ONE letter from the list below that best describe your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in this task.
3. Provide advice and consultation to State and local public child welfare agencies to improve their capacity in all aspects of public child welfare (i.e., child protective services, foster care, adoption, etc.).
4. Ensure that information is collected, maintained, coordinated, and disseminated to child welfare and child abuse and neglect professionals.
5. Provide oversight and direction to the national child welfare clearinghouse and child welfare resource centers.
6. Develop, analyze and assess/evaluate existing child welfare training and technical assistance programs, materials, and resources to determine their effectiveness.
7. Review/assess and analyze State child welfare training and technical needs assessments, work plans, and projects to improve the delivery of training and technical assistance services.
8. Identify problems/issues, trends, and changing conditions in child welfare affecting the well-being of children and their families.
9. Identify trends, issues, and solutions to address problems and needs in child welfare through the coordination of the national child welfare clearinghouse contract at a Contracting Officer III level.
10. Provide leadership in the development and administration of communication strategies, utilizing various social media and websites in coordination with divisions.
11. Participate in the development of grant announcements for research and/or demonstration projects in child welfare.
12. Provide leadership in child welfare conferences, workshops, and/or seminars on public child welfare (i.e. child protective services, foster care, adoption, etc.).
13. Deliver speeches and prepare materials for presentation to groups.
14. Represent the organization at conferences, meetings, and/or committees in the area of public child welfare.
15. Develop and issue child welfare newsletters to inform professionals of the latest developments in research, programs, and best practices.
16. Participate in responding to client/constituency correspondence.
17. Develop training for use by States to train staff on child welfare policy and promising practices.
18. Your responses in
this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later
steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your
responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for
disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance.
Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.