Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment under a Special Appointing Authority (e.g. Veteran's Recruitment Appointment, present or former Peace Corps personnel, current Postal Service personnel, etc?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
The following is a list of areas of experience for Medical Officer positions. Select the area(s) in which you have expertise. The experience you select will determine the types of positions for which you will be considered. You should select only the specialty for which you have direct work experience. The specialty you select will be reviewed against the requirements for specific positions as they become available. Check all that apply.
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education which meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Medical Officer, GS-602-13/14/15.A. I have successfully completed the requirements for Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicant's graduation.
2. Do you possess a current medical license when applying for positions that require clinical or patient care?A. Yes, I possess a current medical license.
3. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your residency training or specialized experience that meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Medical Officer, GS-602-13/14/15. Note: A residency program involves training in a specialized field of medicine in an institution accredited for training in the specialty by a recognized body of the American Medical Association (AMA) or AOA.A. I have three years of residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled or possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service implementing and evaluating medical activities related to public health programs.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Review organization and data collection methods of project sites to ensure that standardized protocols are properly implemented.
5. Provide assistance to project sites in developing and following appropriate procedures.
6. Analyze program performance data to assess process and impact.
7. Analyze and describe the status of programs and other findings in reports and in articles prepared for peer-reviewed journals.
8. Ensure that interventions are consistent with clinical practice guidelines.
9. Serve as scientific/medical consultant for grants, contracts, or cooperative agreements for health departments, community-based organizations and other agencies/organizations.
10. Analyze data collected and compiled from intramural and extramural studies of specific disease prevention.
11. Utilize qualitative and quantitative analytic software to generate reports and analysis.
12. Perform clinical and health services research studies to obtain information pertinent to the research problem being studied.
13. Make recommendations for appropriate corrective action on specific deficiencies or problems identified.
14. Serve as lead staff in the management of data from studies.
15. Review project reports for compliance and accuracy.
16. Work with internal and external experts in the fields of public health and health services research to improve the quality and scientific rigor of health services research and evaluation.
17. Generate new hypotheses and develop new concepts, methods and, strategies for obtaining and using data on the major medical and health risks associated with various scientific public health programs.
18. Plan and evaluate long-range scientific programs and projects targeting critical medical problems.
19. Provide medical and epidemiological expertise to the design and implementation of complex analytic studies related to specific medical/public health fields.
20. Plan, evaluate, coordinate, and implement activities related to research programs/projects to achieve goals and objectives.
21. Design, conduct, and analyze evaluation studies and surveillance projects to evaluate their reliability and validity in measuring the effectiveness of scientific public health programs and strategies.
22. Apply epidemiological principles, and/or procedures to investigate, review, and analyze and/or determine the cause(s) of problems, situations, inconsistencies, and/or issues related to programmatic degradation or systemic or causal parameters.
23. Review research and evaluation proposals and protocols, and provide recommendation regarding policy implications, design, methodology, and programmatic impact.
24. Prepare and submit manuscripts on the results of scientific findings and related policy issues for presentation at meetings.
25. Disseminate scientific and programmatic information by briefing media and other public officials, and by preparing press releases.
26. Prepare research findings that markedly impact significant public health programs, issues, problems, processes, and procedures, and/or the transmission of other causation of disease or public health issues or situations.
27. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.