The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment in the Federal Government or Status for referral consideration. Please respond yes or no to the following questions. FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THESE QUESTIONS WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBILE RATING. NOTE: You must submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated below. Failure to provide the required documents will render you not eligible for consideration. See instructions under the "How to Apply" tab for submitting documentation.A- Yes
1. Current Department of Defense (DOD) IG Civilian Employee - I am a current DOD IG employee with competitive status (includes DOD IG employees serving on a career or career-conditional appointment). (SF-50 block 24 must be a "1" or "2" AND block 34 must be a"1") (NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit a copy of your latest non-award SF-50 that reflects your highest grade held on a permanent basis along with your application/resume package).
2. DoD Transfer - I am currently employed as a permanent career or career-conditional DoD (i.e., Air Force, Navy, Marines, DLA, DFAS, or DoDEA) employee in the competitive service. (NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit a copy of your latest non-award SF-50 that reflects your highest grade held on a permanent basis along with your application/resume package).
3. Non-DoD Transfer - I am currently employed as a permanent career or career-conditional Non-DoD (e.g., Dept of Labor, VA) employee in the competitive service. (NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit a copy of your latest non-award SF-50 that reflects your highest grade held on a permanent basis along with your application/resume package).
4. Reinstatement - I am a former Federal service employee who attained career status on a permanent, competitive status appointment OR had obtained career-conditional status and am within three years of the date of separation. (NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit a copy of your latest non-award SF-50 that reflects your highest grade held on a permanent basis along with your application/resume package).
5. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) - I am a current or former Federal employee displaced from a position in a Non-DoD Federal agency (e.g. IRS, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.) in the same local commuting area of this vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under ICTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and if they are found to be well-qualified for this vacancy. (NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this statement, you MUST submit a copy of the appropriate documentation such as a reduction-in-force (RIF) separation notice, a SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. Also, you must submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record along with your application/resume package.)
6. Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) - I am a veteran who served 3 or more years of continuous active duty service in the military [NOTE: if released shortly, (i.e., within 90 days) before completing a 3-year tour, you are considered to meet this eligibility]; OR I am a preference eligible; AND my discharge was performed under honorable conditions. (NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit a copy of your Member 4, DD Form 214 and proof of any preference eligibility along with your application/resume package.)
7. 30% Disabled Veteran - I am a disabled veteran rated by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) as having a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more or a disabled veteran who retired from active military service with a disability rating of 30% or more; AND my discharge was under conditions other than dishonorable. [NOTE: If you respond "yes" to this statement, you MUST submit a copy of your Member 4, DD Form 214, documenting final military discharge, release or retirement (your DD Form 214 must reflect the dates of service, character of discharge, and time lost, if any), the Standard Form 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference and the documentation required as indicated on that form.]
8. Current Military Spouse - I am a current Military Spouse that has registered within this commuting area for this job title and grade and matched for this vacancy through the Priority Placement Program (PPP). (NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit your supporting documents along with your application/resume package).
9. Non-Appropriated Fund (NAF) - I am currently serving on a NAFI or Army Air Force Exchange Services (AAFES) position without time limitation; or I have been involuntarily separated from such an appointment without personal cause within the preceding year; AND, I have been serving or have served in such a position continuously for at least one year. (NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit a copy of your most recent personnel action form and a prior personnel action form which will reflect at least one year of continuous service as a NAF/AAFES employee along with your application/resume package.)
10. Persons with Disability - I am eligible for this hiring category. Note: eligibility for this category is: if you are an individual with mental retardation; a severe physical disability; or a psychiatric impairment which has been certified by a licensed medical professional, vocational rehabilitation specialist or any other Federal, State or District of Columbia agency that issues or provides disability benefits. Supporting documentation: a letter, record or statement issued from a licensed medical professional, vocational rehabilitation specialist or any other Federal or State agency that issues or provides disability benefits. Certification of job readiness may also be requested. (NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit documents supporting your claim with your application/resume package.)
11. Family Member Preference for Overseas Employment- I am the spouse or unmarried child (including stepchildren, adopted children, and foster children) not more than 23 years of age residing with a US citizen civilian employee (sponsor), who accompanied my civilian sponsor on a permanent change of station (PCS) move. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you must submit a copy of PCS Orders, area clearance, or command sponsorship letter along with your application/resume package. Additionally, verification of Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) status will be required for positions located in Japan and Korea.
12. Other SHA - I am eligible to apply under another authority not listed here (e.g. completion of Peace Corps, VISTA, etc.). NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you must submit all the required documents showing your eligibility.
13. Other- I am currently on a permanent position which is equivalent to at least the (grade of the position) level (or higher) in the federal service; however, I am an employee for a federal agency which has an interchange agreement with the U.S. Office of Personnel Management, or with a federal agency covered under other special appointing authorities or agreements (e.g., TSA, U.S. Postal Service, FAA, etc.). NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit a copy of your most recent career/career conditional SF-50, or equivalent employment document along with your application/resume package.
14. Executive Order (EO) 12721- I was employed overseas as an Appropriated Fund employee and am eligible to apply in accordance with EO 12721. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you must submit all the required documents as shown in this announcement under "Required Documents," along with your application/resume package.
15. I am a retired Federal employee receiving an annuity from the Office of Personnel Management. NOTE: If you answered yes to this question, attach a copy of your retirement Standard Form 50 to your application.
Thank you for your interest in this Human Resources Specialist (Classification) position with the Department of Defense Office of the Inspector General.
Your resume and the responses you provide to this assessment questionnaire will be used to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Your responses MUST be supported by the information you provide in your resume. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit your application. Deliberate attempts to falsify your information may be grounds for not selecting you, removal if selected for the position/agency or other disciplinary action.
1. I have at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-12 grade level or pay band in the Federal service. This specialized experience demonstrates knowledge of and experience: (1) classifying positions in the General Schedule, applying Office of Personnel Management classification standards and processing classification actions. This experience involved classification of a variety of positions in the General Schedule through grade GS-15; provision of advisory services to management; preparation of associated documentation; and use of information systems to process classification actions; (2) recruitment, staffing and placement. The experience involved regularly performing duties such as: working with management to develop recruitment strategies for a variety of occupations and grades in both the competitive and excepted service; researching law and regulation relating to recruitment and staffing and recommending implementation; developing policies and procedures; and presenting training and briefings on recruitment and staffing.A. Yes
2. This position requires a security clearance at the Secret level. Do you possess, or are you willing to obtain and maintain throughout the length of the appointment, a Secret clearance?A. Yes
3. This position requires you to submit to random drug testing. Are you willing to undergo regular urinalysis drug tests?A. Yes
Time-in-grade is the 52-week requirement Federal employees in competitive service General Schedule (GS) positions must serve before they are eligible for promotion (advancement) to the next grade level. Your answer to the question in this section will indicate you possess the time in grade required or if it does not apply.
4. Time in Grade: Do you have at least 52 weeks' time in grade at the GS-12 level or equivalent?A. Yes
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.
5. Apply established government standards and position classification policies to determine the appropriate position pay plan, title series, and grade; implement and process approved realignments and reorganizations; conducts desk audits.
6. Evaluate position classification appeals and serve as the first level agency review for inquiries or appeals.
7. Maintain and ensure headquarters-wide position classification accuracy and consistency in interpreting and applying position classification standards and in reviewing classification appeal packages.
8. Provide advice and guidance on complex position management and reorganizations.
9. Develop job analyses and recruitment criteria and ensuring compliance with OPM standards and relevant law, regulation and policy.
10. Work with managers in developing recruitment strategies and decisions and during candidate selection.
11. Develops policies and procedures; and presents training and briefings on recruitment and staffing.
12. Reviews reports, documents, records, data, or other materials to verify completeness, correctness, consistency, compliance, or authenticity.
13. Issues Job Opportunity Announcement, reviews applicants' qualification, adjudicate vet preference, and issues the certificate using USA Staffing System.
14. Process personnel actions using Defense Civilian Personnel Data System (DCPDS)
15. Uses HR systems for internal reporting requirements such as metrics; enters, retrieves, and tracks information and produces reports.
16. Interpret and analyze data from a variety of automated databases.
17. Develops of recommendations or documentation from research of law, regulation or policy.
18. Drafts proposed policies or procedures.
19. Prepares written instructions or explanatory information to employees and management.
20. Develops materials for briefings, meetings or conferences.
21. Works on a variety of written products within the specialty areas of classification and/or recruitment staffing placement such as: draft job analysis, develops responses to classification appeal, prepare variation requests, etc.
22. Serves on panels, committees, or task forces as a representative for the HR office on technical or professional issues.
23. Works with managers in developing recruitment strategies and decisions, job analyses recruitment criteria.
24. Works with management to identify the needs and provide options, recommendations to reorganization, position realignment, restructuring, or other changes in organizations or positons.
25. Participates in planning sessions with leadership and staff, advising on issues in area of responsibility
26. Use discretion and sensitivity in assisting leadership in confidential and sensitive hours.
27. Analyze problems/ issues taking into consideration customer needs.
28. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you:
Understand this warning. You have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire, and verified that your responses are accurately described your currently level of experience and capability. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.