Thank you for your interest in the Medical Officer (Pediatrics), GP-602-14 position at our agency. We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Choose the one answer that best describes how you meet the Minimum Education requirements for the Medical Officer position as described in the Qualifications Section of the Vacancy Announcement.A. I qualify for this position because I have successfully completed the requirements for Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicant's graduation.
2. Choose the one answer that best describes your graduate training background.A. I qualify for this position because I have completed a 1-year internship program which involved a broadly based clinical practice in which physicians acquire experience in treating a variety of medical problems under supervision (e.g., internal medicine, surgery, general practice, obstetrics-gynecology, and pediatrics). Such programs are in hospitals or other institutions accredited for internship training by a recognized body of the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
3. Choose the one answer that best describes your professional physician registration status.A. I qualify for this position because I have an active, current medical license as a physician in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
4. Choose the one answer that best describes how you meet Additional Qualifications Requirements of a Medical Officer (Pediatrics), GS-0602-14 as described in the Qualifications Section of the Vacancy Announcement.A. I qualify for this position at the GS-14 level because I possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 providing comprehensive inpatient medical care services to pediatric patients for routine, complex or unusual cases; participating in collaborative, comprehensive consultative management of acute and chronic pain; responding to emergency situations and assisting with stabilization of children; participating in teaching and mentoring of residents and staff; keeping abreast of current pediatric research, scientific developments and disseminating relevant information to staff.
5. Choose the one answer that best describes how you meet Additional Qualifications Requirements of a Medical Officer (Pediatrics), GP-0602-14 as described in the Qualifications Section of the Vacancy Announcement.A. I qualify for this position because I possess 4 years of residency training in Pediatrics or equivalent experience and training.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for priority consideration. If you want priority consideration, you must submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated.
1. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)/Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) - I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position in a federal agency (e.g., IRS, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.) in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under ICTAP/CTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are well qualified.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you must submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, a SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record. For more information on ICTAP/CTAP, please visit OPM’s The Employee's Guide to Career Transition Page.A. Yes
Political, Schedule C, Noncareer SES Appointee: In the last five years, based on the closing date of this announcement, have you been or are you currently an employee in the Executive Branch serving on a political, Schedule C, or Noncareer SES appointment? If yes, and you are selected through this vacancy announcement, you may be required to obtain approval by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) prior to beginning employment.
A political appointee is an appointment made by the President without confirmation by the Senate (5 CFR 213.3102(c)) OR an Assistant position to a top-level Federal official if filled by a person designated by the President as a White House Fellow (5 CFR 213.3102(z)). A Noncareer SES appointee is approved by the White House and serves at the pleasure of the appointing official without time limitations. A Schedule C appointee occupies a position excepted from the competitive service by the President, or by the Director, OPM, because of the confidential or policy-determining nature of the position duties.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
1. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.