The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment in the Federal Government or Status for referral consideration. Please respond yes or no to the following questions. FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THESE QUESTIONS WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBILE RATING. NOTE: You must submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated below. Failure to provide the required documents will render you not eligible for consideration. See instructions under the "How to Apply" tab for submitting documentation.A- Yes
1. Current Department of Defense (DOD) IG Civilian Employee - I am a current DOD IG employee with competitive or excepted service status (includes DOD IG employees serving on a career or career-conditional appointment). (SF-50 block 24 must be a "1" or "2" AND block 34 must be a"1" or "2") (NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit a copy of your latest non-award SF-50 that reflects your highest grade held on a permanent basis along with your application/resume package).
1. Please select the response that describes how you meet the minimum qualifications for the GS-1811-07 Criminal Investigator position. Your resume and/or supporting documentation must clearly support your responses to the questionnaire. Failure to provide support for your responses may result in an adjustment to your final rating or you may be removed from consideration.A. I have at least 52 weeks of specialized experience at the GS-5 level in the Federal service, or equivalent level. Specialized experience is defined as skill and experience applying basic inspection, investigation, enforcement, and/or compliance principles, concepts, and procedures; applicable Federal laws and regulations; and practices common to business, public institutions, and other entities in order to select, gather, and organize information from various sources such as databases, witnesses, informants, or Federal, State, and local agencies; perform routine tasks to support the inspection, investigation, enforcement, or compliance process; inspect documents for accuracy and compliance; establish preliminary findings; and prepare reports.
2. Please select the response that describes how you meet the minimum qualifications for the GS-1811-09 Criminal Investigator position. Your resume and/or supporting documentation must clearly support your responses to the questionnaire. Failure to provide support for your responses may result in an adjustment to your final rating or you may be removed from consideration.A. I have at least 52 weeks of specialized experience at the GS-7 level in the Federal service, or equivalent level. Specialized experience is defined as skill in and experience applying inspection, investigation, enforcement, and/or compliance principles, concepts, and methodologies; laws, regulations, guidelines, and precedent decisions; requirements of various legal jurisdictions; and practices common to industries and entities regulated by applicable programs. I independently perform duties such as: identify sources of information to detect illegal activity and document issues or probable cause; conduct investigations using accepted methodology and problem solving techniques; take statements from witnesses, third parties, and other knowledgeable persons; research, analyze, interpret, and evaluate data and information to make appropriate recommendations; and prepare reports and technical information.
3. This position requires a security clearance at the Top Secret level. Do you possess, or are you willing to obtain and maintain throughout the length of the appointment, a Top Secret clearance?A. Yes
4. This position requires you to submit to random drug testing. Are you willing to undergo regular urinalysis drug tests?A. Yes
5. This position requires travel to other duty locations approximately 25% of the time. Are you able to travel to other duty locations 25% of the time?A. Yes
6. This position requires a pre-employment physical exam and a pre-employment physical readiness test. Applicants will need to pass both and submit to an annual physical exam and semi-annual physical readiness test for the duration of employment. Are you willing to undergo these tests to obtain and maintain employment for the length of the appointment?A. Yes
7. This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position. Do you certify that you qualify under the Lautenberg Amendment because you have not been convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence?A. Yes
Time-in-grade is the 52-week requirement Federal employees in competitive service General Schedule (GS) positions must serve before they are eligible for promotion (advancement) to the next grade level. Your answer to the question in this section will indicate you possess the time in grade required or if it does not apply.
8. Time in Grade: Do you have at least 52 weeks' time in grade at the GS-05 level or equivalent?A. Yes
9. Time in Grade: Do you have at least 52 weeks' time in grade at the GS-07 level or equivalent?A. Yes
10. Ability to provide investigative and/or research support.A. I have demonstrated expert experience in monitoring investigative case processing to prevent backlog; ensuring timely collection of sensitive information; identifying patterns or trends; collaborating with others and/or working on teams to accomplish work-related activities and obtaining information; utilizing law enforcement databases to conduct investigations; assisting with executing search and/or arrest warrants; and assisting in preparing cases or testimony for court or administrative proceedings.
11. Ability to research laws, regulations and directives.A. I have demonstrated expert experience in interpreting and applying laws, regulations, policies to specific issues; acquiring and maintaining a working knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures; analyzing data to ensure compliance with regulations and/or procedures; obtaining necessary documentation, certification, or approval in support of actions and maintain confidentiality of information.
12. Ability to inspect documents, gather data, and prepare reports.A. I have demonstrated expert experience in researching and analyzing work to obtain information, gather evidence, or verify facts; reviewing reports, documents, records, data, or other materials to verify completeness, correctness, consistency, compliance, and accuracy; collecting, compiling, and organizing information; developing methods or materials to obtain information and conduct evaluations, examinations, or other fact-finding studies to obtain or verify information.
13. Communicate effectively orally and in writing.A. I have demonstrated expert experience in presenting information, presentations, and conducting training; preparing interim and/or final reports of administrative and/or criminal investigations; providing detailed information gathered at the regional level to supervisors for further analysis; utilizing acceptance standards of report writing for completing final reports; notifying individuals or offices, orally and/or in writing, of decisions, problems, or further actions needed.
14. Your responses in this assessment questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents (e.g. resume) you submit. Ensure that your resume accurately describes the level of education and/or experience claimed in the assessment questionnaire.
Please take this opportunity to review your assessment questionnaire responses to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you:
- Understand this information
- Have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and
- Verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.