In accordance with 38 U.S.C. 7402(c), no person shall not be appointed to a position in the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) unless the person is a citizen of the United States.
1. Are you a citizen of the United States?A. Yes
In accordance with 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), no person shall serve in direct patient care positions unless they are proficient in basic written and spoken English. You must be proficient in written and spoken English in order to perform the duties of this position.
2. Are you proficient in basic written and spoken English?A. Yes
The Registered Nurse must be a graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate state agency and accredited by one of the accrediting bodies listed below at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
(1) The National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), an accrediting arm of the National League for Nursing; or
(2) The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), an accrediting arm of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN).
The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. In these programs, students are given a certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX and should submit this certification to VA prior to appointment. Students do not earn a BSN, but receive a MSN degree upon completion of course work. A copy of the MSN transcript must be provided to VA. Bridge programs that confer a master's degree also fully meet the education requirement, even though a Bachelor's Degree is not awarded.
3. Please select the ONE statement below that best describes your education to meet the basic requirements for this position.A. I am a Registered Nurse and my degree is from a school that was accredited at the time of graduation
Please list the following information in the space provided for all educational degrees:
- Level of degree attained
- Name of College/University
- Date of Graduation
The Registered Nurse must have a current, full, active and unrestricted licensed or otherwise be recognized as a Registered Nurse in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States or in the District of Columbia.
4. Do you hold a current, full and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse? Please list all your licenses (current and expired) in the narrative.A. Yes
Please indicate the following information in the space provided for all current and expired licenses:
- License number
- Issuing State
- Expiration date
Please choose the answer below that best describes your current employment.
5. Please choose the statement below that applies to you.A. I am a current, permanent employee of the VA Montana Health Care System.
Location of VA
Name and location of federal agency
VETERANS PREERENCE: Per VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Chapter 3, the primary consideration in making appointments of Registered Nurses will be the professional needs of the VA. However, veterans will be given preference when qualifications of candidates are approximately equal. When candidates for Registered Nurse positions are determined to be approximately equally qualified for a particular opening, hiring preference will be given to the veterans and preference eligibles as defined in 5 U.S.C. 2108. To claim Veterans' preference, Veterans should be ready to provide a copy of their DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, or other proof. Veterans with service connected disability will need to submit Form SF-15, Application for 10-point Veterans' Preference. (If claiming veteran's preference, documentation must be included with your application, DD214 etc).
6. Please choose the ONE statement below that applies to you.A. I am a disabled veteran who has a service connected disability of 10 percent or more, but less than 30 percent.
7. How did you become aware of this position?A. From a friend
If you selected "Other" as your response, please let us know more details of how you learned about this position.
8. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I understand the information provided above and certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith.