Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and/or education which meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Epidemiologist, GS-601-13/14/15.A. I have successfully completed a full four-year course of study at an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree that included a major field of study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience which meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Epidemiologist, GS-601-13/14/15.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience that has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position. This experience is related to the work of the position and equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal service designing, overseeing, implementing and/or conducting epidemiological studies related to public health.
From the list of foreign language questions in the following group, choose the level that best describes your proficiency. Please select only one letter for each question.A- No practical proficiency - No practical speaking proficiency.
3. Communicate scientific findings or ideas in French.
4. Communicate scientific findings or ideas in Spanish.
5. Communicate scientific findings or ideas in Portuguese.
6. Communicate scientific findings or ideas in Chinese.
7. Communicate scientific findings or ideas in Russian.
8. Communicate scientific findings or ideas in Arabic.
From the list of foreign language questions in the following group, choose the level that best describes your proficiency. Please select only one letter for each question.A- No Practical Proficiency - No practical reading proficiency
9. Compose scientific documents and/or other technical documents in French.
10. Compose scientific documents and/or other technical documents in Spanish.
11. Compose scientific documents and/or other technical documents in Portuguese.
12. Compose scientific documents and/or other technical documents in Chinese.
13. Compose scientific documents and/or other technical documents in Russian.
14. Compose scientific documents and/or other technical documents in Arabic.
15. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this foreign proficiency questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that I may be interviewed and asked to provide a written sample in the language(s) that I have certified that I am proficient in.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have no education, training or experience in performing this task.
16. Apply epidemiological principles to investigate, review and analyze programmatic public health issues.
17. Work with experts and partners in the field of public health to improve the quality of disease surveillance systems.
18. Lead a surveillance, epidemiology or health science program designed to investigate trends and developments affecting public health activities.
19. Review organization and data collection methods of project sites to ensure that standardized protocols are properly implemented.
20. Design, conduct, and analyze surveillance projects to evaluate their reliability and validity in measuring the effectiveness of scientific public health programs and strategies.
21. Utilize qualitative and quantitative analytic software to generate reports and analysis.
22. Participate in the investigation of an outbreak of a communicable disease.
23. Provide guidance and expertise with submitting and supporting human subject clearance documentation in support of research activities.
24. Apply and make recommendations for appropriate corrective action to investigate and review specific deficiencies or problems that are interventions related to public health research programs.
25. Plan, develop, lead, manage or direct public health activities.
26. Evaluate and coordinate the work of a diverse, multi-disciplinary staff conducting public health activities.
27. Perform leadership functions in a public health project or program, such as mentoring, evaluating, planning, goal-setting, reporting and resolving conflicts, etc.
28. Oversee projects, grants, contracts, cooperative agreements or programs concerning the monitoring and surveillance for communicable or non-communicable diseases.
29. Prepare or provide input into strategic scientific and/or operational plans for public health projects and/or programs.
30. Participate in strategic planning for public health interventions supporting the prevention and control of communicable diseases.
31. Prepare and provide input for budget plans and documents in support of public health projects and/or programs.
32. Plan, develop, lead, manage or direct public health programs, surveys, and studies.
33. Design training sessions and provide guidance, in surveillance and epidemiology practices and techniques, for professional program staff or service providers.
34. Evaluate and coordinate the work of a diverse, multi-disciplinary staff conducting public health science and program activities.
35. Perform the leadership functions in a project or program, such as mentoring, evaluating, planning, setting goals, reporting and resolving conflicts.
36. Author or co-author articles, research findings and/or public health relevant position papers in peer-reviewed publications, scholarly journals or national reports.
37. Develop scientific publications, scholarly journals or national reports.
38. Disseminate scientific and programmatic information by briefing media and other public officials.
39. Communicate scientific findings or ideas orally where the subject of the communication related to public health science.
40. Represent the organization at professional meetings and conferences on epidemiology, program, research or policy issues related to public health.
41. Communicate professionally with a variety of cultural contexts and to various audiences, including senior officials within the US and host country government.
42. Work with multidisciplinary, professional and administrative staff engaged in major aspects of health science work.
43. Work as a member of multidisciplinary groups of researchers including subject matter experts and technical professionals on a project through the planning, control (or implementation), and/or evaluation phases.
44. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with health officials, community representatives and commercial partners at international, national, state, or local levels.
45. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.