1. From the descriptions below, select the letter that best describes your level of specialized experience.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service (experience may have been gained in the private sector) which has given me the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled (as described in the Qualification Requirements section). To be creditable, specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization. Specialized experience is defined as: Develop written communications materials supporting a variety of print, video and web-based communications techniques; Write and develop internal information programs, communications plans, brochures, pamphlets, web copy, and/or other print, video, and web-based products to increase awareness and understanding of programs and policies; Modify standard methods and adapt approaches to develop new information materials aimed at enhancing the understanding of a variety of internal target audiences; Provide analysis of diverse and complex information to develop information programs and print and web-based products that increase awareness and understanding of internal communications matters; Analyze a variety of demographic data and communication in developing information products and tools to deliver information products.
In this part you will respond to questions about your experience as it relates to the position for which you are applying. Carefully review the level descriptions (A to E) listed below. For each task question, choose the level description that best describes your experience and/or training. Your responses must be fully supported within the text of your resume. Failure to properly identify your experience may result in the lowering of your overall score and/or your disqualification for this position.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Develop informational materials, products and strategies to inform employees about programs, staff achievements, awards, and news of personal benefit to employees.
3. Plan and conduct attitude and opinion surveys to develop recommendations to improve communication.
4. Develop internal information strategies and tactics and analyzes types of information of potential interest to internal audiences.
5. Define the scope and parameters of initiatives and programs, providing suggested activities, materials to be used, and deadlines.
6. Devise approaches to obtain awareness, understanding and support of programs and initiatives.
7. Develop content, messages, and themes for new and redesigned internal information products, websites, web campaigns and other communications products.
8. Develop written communication material supporting a variety of print, video and web-based communications techniques.
9. Prepare newsletters or other communications for distribution to field offices regarding with programs at the agency.
10. Interpret the intent and analyze topics and issues for audience application.
11. Skill in analyzing communications/public affairs efforts and developing recommendations to improve the program.
12. Analyze a variety of demographic data and communication in developing information products and tools to deliver information products.
13. Collaborate and coordinate contact with various leaders, branch chiefs, field public affairs specialists, and other agency representatives regarding assigned information programs.
14. Maintain liaison with public affairs personnel to produce ideas or communication materials.
15. Use tact and sound judgment in reaching a consensus on controversial or sensitive issues which may be in conflict.